Issaquah: 425.427.0127 :: Renton: 425.970.3757 :: Tacoma: 253.267.1772 :: The Daily Catch: 253.448.2145
Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Shrimp and grits began as a seasonal fisherman’s dish of shrimp cooked in bacon grease served over creamy grits in South Carolina where the plate was also known as “breakfast shrimp.” The simple yet fulfilling seafood breakfast became an exemplary Southern dish after Craig Claiborne wrote about it in the New York Times in 1985.
Our all natural Pacific white prawns are gently sautéed with Andouille sausage, tomato, and WildFin Blonde ale. Served over smoked Gouda and chipotle grits with a sunny side up egg, this dish surely won't disappoint. See the recipe below and enjoy!
Shrimp and Grits
Serving size: 1-2
Butter 1 Tbsp.
Bacon, diced small 1 Tbsp.
Andouille Sausage, diced small 2 Tbsp.
Shrimp, Peeled 8-10 each
Salt & Pepper ¼ tsp
Jambalaya Sauce ¼ cup
Beer – see note 2 Tbsp.
Grits 1 cup
NOTE: Use a beer with a mild hop flavor profile like a blond beer. If that is not available, white wine can be substituted.
- Place the bacon, butter, and sausage in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Let it cook until the butter begins to brown slightly, the bacon begins to render and the sausage begins to crisp.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Let them cook tossing until just cooked,
- Deglaze the pan with the beer sauce. Add the jambalaya sauce and let cook until thickened and the shrimp is well coated.
- Place the hot grits in a bowl and top with the shrimp. Top with a sunny side up egg if desired.
Smoked Gouda & Chipotle Grits
(Makes about 4 cups)
Chicken Stock 1 ½ cups
Cream 1 cups
Kosher Salt ¼ tsp
Grits ½ cup
Smoked Gouda, shredded 1/3 cup
Creamed Corn ½ cup
Chipotle Adobo, canned - pureed 1 Tbsp.
- Place the cream, chicken stock, and salt in a sauce pot over medium heat and let heat until just simmering. Slowly add grits stirring while adding. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring frequently or until grits have lost their crunch and it is thick and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the creamed corn, cheese, and peppers. Mix well. It can be refrigerated from here for about 5 days and reheated when needed.
SIGN-UP TO OUR eCLUB and get a
MAKE A RESERVATION
Please call to let us know if theres a special reason for your visit so we can be ready for your party.